Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Quantity Over Quality?

Consumers from where I am from, absolutely love things that are cheap (or free). As long as products are being sold at a low price, there would be no complaints. Sometimes, people are not able to differentiate between the actual high quality products and low quality products. A lot of people that I know or have met has this mentality that cheap and large portion are the "good stuff". They are never quite bothered about the taste. But of course, this is a developing country, where money is hard to earn, inflation cause prices of all goods to increase, and high government taxes. In order to save more money, they had to sacrifice their taste buds for a little bit of savings. Taste 0-survival 1.




Often when we see coffee shops that are crowded in town, we would wonder, ''What could possible be so good here that people are actually lining up to eat?'' I would ask around to find out the specialty of the location and to my discovery, there wasn't any specialty at all. The food from every food stall are just average or the same as other coffee shops in town. I decided to conduct my own observations on a number of crowded coffee shops around town. It turned out that people just have that mentality that if there's a crowd, the food must be "great". I came to a conclusion that people are only present where the crowds are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment